With freshly grated zucchini, homemade apple sauce, vanilla, and cinnamon, this deliciously easy-to-make 1-Bowl Healthy Vegan Zucchini Bread can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack, or even dessert. It’s moist and satisfying without being overly sweet.
It’s the zucchini season! If you are someone who is overwhelmed with zucchini right now and needs a recipe – this is for you!
This Zucchini Bread Is Awesome Because It’s:
- Packed with wholesome ingredients
- Bursting with flavor
- Perfectly sweet ( naturally sweetened )
Simply delicious and super easy to make!I often hear people say they need ideas for quick and easy breakfasts because they don’t have time to make anything in the mornings on their way out the door for work or school. This zucchini bread is a great option. You can spread jam on it, vegan butter, nut butter, homemade healthy Nutella, or just eat it on its own!
Do let me know how you found this 1-Bowl Healthy Vegan Zucchini Bread if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life! I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
1-Bowl Healthy Vegan Zucchini Bread1-Bowl Healthy Vegan Zucchini Bread can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack, or even dessert. It’s moist and satisfying without being overly sweet.
- 2 cups/240g Wholemeal Bread Flour Spelt Flour, plain flour will work also, but I wanted to make this bread healthier
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 cups/300g shredded/grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup/125g homemade apple sauce shop-bought will also work, but it might be sweeter, so I like to use my homemade
- 1/4 cup/60ml water
- 1/4 cup/80g of maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup/120g chopped walnuts or seeds for nut-free option
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180C)
- Wash the zucchini. Don’t peel the zucchini i highly recommend it because peeled grated zucchini can get pretty mushy. It also adds lots of fiber.
- After washing the zucchini, grate it whole on a cutting board or in a bowl. Quite a lot of liquid may come out from them, which will be great for keeping this bread moist.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients--flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together apple sauce, water maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour the well-blended wet ingredients into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the chopped walnuts, or seeds.
- Add the grated zucchini to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a baking loaf pan that is lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking, or use a silicone baking pan that requires no oil.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- test for doneness. To do this, insert a toothpick into the center point. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done, otherwise place back into the oven and test again in 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven when done, allow to cool, and serve warm or cold.
NotesStore this zucchini bread in the fridge for up to 3 days.
NutritionCalories: 122kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!