Vegan pizza toast recipe YOU HAVE to try right now! I noticed this trend going around the internet, so I decided to make a vegan version of this trend.
Oh.My.God is the result. I figured out that pizza can be made on anything. It doesn’t have to be classic dough. You could also have a pizza on top of your baked potato…just saying.
I could have easily made this recipe with fully shop-bought ingredients, but I decided not to. So, I made my own homemade vegan cashew cheese sauce! I was a bit lazy though and used tomato sauce from a jar..but you know!
You can make your own tomato sauce if you do want to go the extra mile. Here’s the recipe for one of my homemade pizza sauces. I used the same cashew cheese sauce recipe from the vegan Margherita pizza I made too.
How To Make Pizza Toast Vegan Recipe:
You can make this vegan pizza toast totally gluten-free too. Sub the flour used in the recipe for gluten-free flour, and use gluten-free bread instead.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Slices Of Bread
- Pizza Sauce
- Homemade Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce
If you really don’t have the time to make your own cheese, use shop-bought cheese for an even quicker and easier recipe for a vegan pizza toast recipe.
The method is simple; the cheese is made first, then you cover the bread slices with the pizza sauce and the cheese. Bake and enjoy! (full recipe is below)
You can also add additional toppings; maybe add vegan pepperoni, sausages, pesto, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, and much more. You can make an absolutely epic pizza toast.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this toast pizza vegan recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Vegan Pizza Toast
- 1 Blender
- 2 Large Slices Of Bread
- 3 tbsp of tomato sauce marinara sauce
- Cashew Mozzarella cream:
- 1/2 cup/65g cashews soaked in hot water for 15 mins
- 1 cup/235ml of water
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp white miso paste or use 1-2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 pinches of mixed italian herbs
- Fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil and pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F/180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Add the cashews to a blender with the rest of the cashew cheese ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add to a skillet over medium heat. Cook to thicken evenly. 4 to 6 mins. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking at the bottom and lumping.
- Cover the bread slices with tomato sauce, then dollop the vegan cheese sauce.
- Spinkle some cracked black pepper, mixed italian herbs.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then add desired toppings.