These Oil-Free Healthy Vegan Baked Lentil Nuggets are easy to make, loaded with veggies, crispy, oil-free, and healthy! Packed with protein and healthy complex carbohydrates, these nuggets make a really healthy way to get all the good stuff in one nugget!
You can enjoy them stuffed inside wraps, sandwiches, pittas, top them on your salad, or simply dip them in your favourite sauce!
What I really like about these vegan lentil nuggets is their versatility. You can pretty much have them on anything and everything.
Need a snack? Grab some of these nuggets and dip them in some ketchup or hummus. Need a protein for your salad? Add a couple of nuggets on top of your salad.
Need a sandwich filling? – Stuff a couple of these bad boys in. The options are endless.
How To Make Oil-Free Healthy Vegan Baked Lentil Nuggets:
You will need the following ingredients:
1. Red Lentils
2. Zucchini + Carrot
What’s really cool about these vegan nuggets is the fact that they actually have hidden veggies in them. Your kids will never know!
The method is simple; soak the lentils in hot water for 30 minutes minimum.
Drain them, then add all the ingredients to a food processer, and blitz. Shape the nuggets, bake and eaaaaaaaaaat!
Store these bad boys in an air-tight container in the fridge and consume them within 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to a month!
More Vegan Lunch Recipes:
Anyyyway! Please do let me know how you found this Oil-Free Healthy Vegan Baked Lentil Nuggets recipe, and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can message me directly on Instagram or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Oil-Free Healthy Vegan Baked Lentil Nuggets
- 1 cup/200g split red lentils soaked in boiling hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini/courgette grated and squeezed off the excess water
- 1 large carrot grated squeezed off the excess water
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp/80g of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drain your lentils once soaked and add them to the food processor along with your grated carrot, zucchini/courgettes and all the seasonings. Process until broken down and well combined, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Then transfer to the bowl with the breadcrumbs, and mix to combine.
- Form 1-1.5" balls using your hands, and place them on your baking tray. Then press each one down gently, without breaking them, to form your nuggets.
- Bake for 30 minutes, carefully flipping them at the 15-minute mark. Let your nuggets cool at room temperature for at least 5 minutes to help them firm up. Then serve with ketchup, tahini or with hummus!