These easy to make 5-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Cinnamon Buns are just made of fruit and spices. They are healthy, gluten-free, and require only basic ingredients, and yet taste so delicious! it literally takes seconds to prepare them, and then, of course, the baking, but you can have these delicious buns in no time! Not to mention the amazing smell you are going to get as well, whist baking these bad boys!
For this healthy cinnamon rolls recipe, you can either bake in the oven or if you have a dehydrator make the raw version. The raw version does take 6 times longer to make though!
They are a great high energy snack to have either before or after exercise. It’s best to make 8-10 of these at a time so you fill-up the oven.
No flour or any grains are used in this recipe as the banana alone makes up the dough part. This means they are suitable for people following a gluten-free diet. Of course, they are plant-based and vegan like all of my recipes.
Trust me, they taste better than they sound or look! I know you probably thinking “ugh seriously? a filled banana with some chocolate” buuuuuut, once you try them, you will know what I mean! I ate a couple of these once I made them (sorry waistline 😀 )
Anyyyway! Please do let me know how you found this recipe, and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can message me directly on Instagram or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Makes 2 Cinnamon Bun Rolls
2 large Banana
2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
11-12 soft dates
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
3/10 cup/50g of Dark Chocolate chips (optional)
1. Cut each banana lengthways into thirds. Don’t worry if some of the bananas break up – just use these for the inner part.
2, Place onto a nonstick sheet so that they will peel off easily.
3. Then either bake for an hour at 250 F / 120 C or dehydrate for 6 hours at 100 F / 40 C.
4. Blend the dates with vanilla and a touch of water to make the date paste.
5. Take one dried banana slice and place it on a flat surface. Spread on the date paste, sprinkle with cinnamon and then roll-up. Repeat this once or twice more to make a bun.
5. Then either bake for an hour at 250 F / 120 C or dehydrate for 6 hours at 100 F / 40 C.
6. If using the chocolate, melt it carefully and drizzle it on top of the buns! I have suggested using dark chocolate, as the dessert is already too sweet with the banans and dates, but feel free to use any chocolate you like!
Enjoy these 5-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Cinnamon Buns immediately or keep in the fridge and consume within a few days.