The best Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Kale & Quinoa Salad! Made with kale, lentils, quinoa and green beans, then tossed in a vegan creamy cilantro-lime dressing. It’s easy, healthy and just delicious!
I have to admit – I was never a fan of kale! But I gave it another go a few weeks back, and I figured that I just hadn’t cooked it properly to enjoy it. Kale can be bland, but if cooked right, it can be just as tasty as anything, and it’s absolutely incredibly beneficial for your health! 🙂 Well, it’s considered to be one of those ‘superfoods’ sooooo…Let’s eat some kale!
There is no rocket science here, making this creamy kale salad. You make a dressing, cook some greenery stuff, then toss them together. Voila.
More Vegan Salad Recipes:
1. Easy Creamy Vegan Broccoli Raisin Salad
2. Tomato Black Bean Salad With Cumin Dressing
3. Easy Vegan Potato Salad (No Mayo)
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Kale & Quinoa Salad though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Recipe serves 4-6
For the salad:
2 heads kale any variety (about 8 – 10 cups raw)
1 lb green beans steamed & chopped into 1″(inch) pieces
1 cup cooked/185g black lentils
2 cups/370g cooked quinoa
1 avocado pitted and cubed
For the dressing:
1 cup/236ml unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup packed cilantro/coriander
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons tahini
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon each of salt & pepper
1. Starting with the dressing, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 1 minute until smooth. Transfer dressing to a jar and set aside to thicken.
2. Tear kale leaves from the stalk and add them to a pan along with the green beans. Steam or saute for 2 – 3 minutes until green beans are slightly tender and kale leaves are just starting to wilt. Transfer the veggies to a large mixing bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Once cooled, add quinoa and beans to the bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss until coated.
Either serve immediately (and slightly warm) or place salad in the refrigerator to cool entirely. Upon serving, split evenly between four dishes and top with avocado pieces.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023