This Easy Healthy Vegan Vegetable Fried Rice is made with tasty ingredients like miso paste and sesame seeds and plenty of vegetables. This recipe is totally egg-free and vegan.
This vegetable fried rice contains a TON of veggies – peas, corn, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.
When you think of fried rice, you are probably thinking of dirty unhealthy oil-packed fried rice from your local Chinese restaurant.
That’s not the case here! This vegan fried rice is actually quite healthy. It’s loaded on veggies, I used brown rice, and it’s seasoned with gut-friendly miso.
You can have tasty food, that is made healthy. You don’t always need the tons of processed inflammatory oils, and other nasty stuff to get a good tasty meal.
How To Make Vegan Fried Rice:
The method is pretty darn simple. Everything is stir-fried in a pan, then you add the miso sauce to coat everything and season it. Serve and eat up!
The recipe is perfect as a side dish, to maybe accompany a piece of cooked tofu. Also, the fried rice is even better the next day, after the flavors have had a chance to mingle in the fridge.
More Vegan Recipes:
1. Vegan Cheesy Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini
2. Easy Homemade Vegan Subway
3. Comforting Vegan Butter Bean Stew
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Vegetable Fried Rice
- 3 cups/750g cooked/leftover rice chilled I used brown
- 150 ml of water or 3 tbsp of oilive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup/175g chopped broccoli
- 1 cup/175g is chopped cauliflower
- 1 large chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen peas
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen corn
- The Sauce:
- 3 tbsp water
- 1.5 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos for a soy-free option
- 2 tsp rice vinegar ideally brown vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- pepper to taste
- Cook the rice ahead of time (preferably a day before) according to the package instructions. Chill in the fridge.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and warm the water (or oil if not avoiding)
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots to the pan. Cover and let the veggies cook through until fork-tender, about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the peas, corn, and rice to the pan. Mix in the sauce.
- Cook until the rice is tender and hot, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish your veggie fried rice with additional sesame seeds, or green onions, or serve as is!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023