This Easy Healthy Vegan Vegetable Fried Rice is made with tasty ingredients like miso paste and sesame seeds and plenty of vegetables. This recipe is totally egg-free and vegan.
This vegetable fried rice contains a TON of veggies – peas, corn, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. As a kid, I couldn’t stand cauliflower unless it was covered in cheese. Now, I add into like…everything…I just love the crisp and tender texture of cauliflower.
Unlike the original fried rice recipe, I’ll be making a special sauce for this veggie fried rice. This is primarily because I’ll be using miso paste, which is really thick so turning it into a sauce will help distribute those tasty flavors.
The sauce can be prepared ahead of time, along with the rice, to save some time in the kitchen. Fried rice also reheats well, so you can always make the entire dish on a Sunday to enjoy for lunch or dinner during the week. Time is precious, especially in the evening!
The awesome thing about veg fried rice is that you can easily customize it to your preferences!
- Throw in tofu for some added protein and deliciousness!
- If you don’t have miso paste, no worries – leave it out and add more soy sauce.
- You can make this recipe soy-free by using coconut aminos or liquid aminos.
- Feel free to substitute with any of your favorite vegetables.
- Add a pinch of chili flakes or a drizzle of chili oil for a spicy kick.Let’s have some Chinese!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Vegetable Fried Rice if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Vegetable Fried RiceHealthier vegan fried rice alternative to the traditional greasy chinese rice from the takeaways. Super easy to make, and it's packed with veggies!
- 3 cups/750g cooked/leftover rice chilled I used brown
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup/175g chopped broccoli
- 1 cup/175g is chopped cauliflower
- 1 large chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen peas
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen corn
- The Sauce:
- 3 tbsp water
- 1.5 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- pepper to taste
- Cook the rice ahead of time (preferably a day before) according to the package instructions. Chill in the fridge.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and toast the sesame seeds a bit (about 3 minutes or so, stirring a few times.)
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots to the skillet along with 2-3 tbsp of water. Cover and let the veggies cook through until fork-tender, about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the peas, corn, and rice to the skillet. Mix in the sauce.
- Cook until the rice is tender and hot, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish your veggie fried rice with additional sesame seeds, or green onions, or serve as is!
NutritionCalories: 249kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!