This Quick & Healthy Vegan Sticky Tofu Noodle Bowl of amazing food can be ready to serve within 30 minutes. Sticky, gingery, sesame tofu stir fry. Serve over rice/grains or rice noodles! It tastes so good and it’s really filling too! A perfect weekday meal!
The sauce is simple and uses maple syrup to sweeten. Crisp up the tofu, fry up the veggies, add sauce ingredients, thicken and done. I served this over rice noodles.
Use whichever veggies you have. Use more veggies or chickpeas instead of tofu to make the recipe tofu-free. Add some crunch with bean sprouts or cucumbers. Serve hot for winters and warm-cool in the summer. Easy, quick and Delicious. Also without any added refined sugar. This sauce uses maple syrup for the sweet profile.
More Vegan Recipes:
Do let me know how you found this Quick & Healthy Vegan Sticky Tofu Noodle Bowl if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
How To Make Quick & Healthy Vegan Sticky Tofu Noodle Bowl:
6 oz (170.1 g) brown rice vermicelli or maifun or rice noodles
1 tsp lime juice or lemon
1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) toasted sesame oil
1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) red pepper flakes optional
Sticky Sesame Tofu:
1 tsp veg oil
12 to 14 oz (340.2 g) firm tofu
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 (0.5 ) large red bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2 (0.5 ) or 1 large green bell pepper thinly sliced
1 hot chile green (Serrano) or red(birds-eye)
1/2 cup (64 g) sliced carrots
1/2 to 1 cup (91 g) other veggies of choice, I used onion and green beans
5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp minced ginger
1/3 cup (77.33 ml) soy sauce or tamari
1/4 cup (80.5 g) maple syrup
2 to 3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 to 3 tsp sriracha
a generous dash of black pepper
1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
1 tbsp cornstarch or use arrowroot starch
1/4 to 1/2 cup (62.5 ml) water
cilantro/coriander for garnish,1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish, pepper flakes.
1. Prepare the vermicelli/rice noodles according to instructions on the package. Rinse in cold water and transfer to a bowl. Add a dash of lemon or lime juice, pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp sesame oil(optional) and toss. Divide into 2 or 3 serving bowls.
2. If the tofu is not already pressed or you haven’t bought firm tofu simply wrap the tofu in a paper towel and then a kitchen towel. Place a heavy book on it for 5 minutes. unwrap and cube into small cubes. (or press using tofu press and cube)
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the cubed tofu and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until golden on some sides. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Add sesame oil in the same frying pan, then add the peppers, chile pepper, and other veggies if using. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Add the sauce ingredients, like soya, maple syrup, sriracha, and vinegar, salt, and mix. Add the crisped tofu and bring the mixture to a good rolling boil. 3 to 4 minutes
6. Mix cornstarch with water in a bowl to make a slurry. Add cornstarch slurry and continue to cook until the sauce thickens. Taste adjust heat and sweet.
7. Divide into the serving bowls.. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, pepper flakes and cilantro. Add crunchy sides as sliced cucumber, sprouts or carrots.
Maple syrup can add some flavour to the sauce. You can use half maple and half coconut sugar or other unrefined sugar.
To toast sesame seeds, dry roast them over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until they change color slightly.