These Super Nutty Easy Healthy Bars are ideal for a healthy afternoon snack or a quick breakfast on the go!
Okay so I have been posting one too many chocolate recipes recently, but I have been trying to get rid of the tons of chocolate I bought recently, and I just love chocolate, so I if I see it around at my place I just want to eat it! So I try to create healthy recipes that will make me feel less guilty when I indulge in some chocolate goodness.
Also, you shouldn’t feel bad about eating some of these yummy chocolate bars because all of these recipes I have created in my blog are healthy!
I mean obviously don’t eat the whole batch at once, but have a bar or a two and it will only benefit your body!
Let me know if you try them, I appreciate any feedback and new ideas!
Now, these are super easy to make! All you need is:
And a topping of your choice, I used coconut shavings
Simply blend the nuts, then add the dates and all the rest of the ingredients apart from the chocolate and whizz again, it should form a soft ‘dough’ Press it down on a lined deep pan or a loaf tin and then pour melted chocolate on top, add your desired toppings and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before cutting and it’s done!
Cuts into 12 squares
For the bottom layer:
1 cup/160g of raw or roasted hazelnuts
⅜ cup/60g of raw walnuts
⅞ cup/150g of soft Medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
⅜ cup/ 25g of cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
For the topping:
⅞ cup/150g of dairy-free dark chocolate chips or chunks, melted
Coconut shavings or desiccated coconut (optional)
1. Add just the hazelnuts to start with to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until it forms a fine ground.
2. Add the walnuts and pulse until a coarse meal. Then add the dates and cocoa, vanilla and pulse to mix in and until the dates break down into the mixture. Add maple syrup to help the mixture stick.
3. Transfer to a parchment-lined pan and press is nicely and evenly, or transfer it onto an 8” loaf tin. How you want to set it and the shape of it is entirely up to you!
4. Melt the chocolate and pour it over the cocoa-nut layer and sprinkle your desired toppings on top (I used coconut) and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before cutting.
Store these Super Nutty Easy Healthy Bars on the counter for up to 2 days, or refrigerate for up to a week.
you can even use the bottom layer to make truffles, simply shape them into balls and roll them in cocoa powder, crushed nuts or even dedicated coconut. Just an idea!
Why not try some of our other yummy bites and bars? See below:
–> 3-Ingredient Healthy Fig And Hazelnut Bites
–> No-Cook Easy Chewy Oat And Pecan Energy Bites
–> No-Bake Healthy Cashew Tahini Bars
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023