Super Quick Oil-Free Vegan Pesto that can be done in under 10 minutes. Vegans don’t have to miss out on any foods! Everything can be made vegan and can taste so much like the traditional recipes.
If you’re looking for an oil-free vegan pesto that doesn’t skimp on flavor and richness, then I have a solution for you. This classic pesto recipe substitutes nutritional yeast for the parmesan and water for the oil.
Just look at how beautiful and vibrant this pesto is. All made vegan, without the need of parmesan cheese or oil!
First and foremost, of course, you need to try this pesto with some pasta – you just have to! Then, any leftovers, use the pesto on anything else you fancy.
I like to use pesto on EVERYTHING. Literally, from salads to pizza, sandwiches, on my crackers – on anything and everywhere.
The blender/food processor does all the work for you here – all you need to do is add your ingredients and boom – you have pesto.
There are also different variations of making this recipe, based on whatever you have in hand in the house. So don’t worry – I got you covered.
More Pesto Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Super Quick Oil-Free Vegan Pesto recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Super Quick Oil-Free Vegan Pesto
- 1 Blender/food processor
- 4 cups/80g fresh basil see notes for frozen
- 2 cups/80g of fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup/45g pine nuts toasted
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup/60ml cold water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat a skillet on medium. Lightly roast pine nuts until golden brown (or buy pre-roasted pine nuts and skip this step). Set aside to cool 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the basil, spinach, and pine nuts in the food processor and blend to combine.
- Add the nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, and black pepper to the food processor. Blend again.
- Open the top of the food processor and slowly add the water while it's running.
- Serve immediately over pasta or roasted vegetables. OR store in an air-tight container up to 5 days in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.