Delicious Easy Gluten-Free Chili-Glazed Tofu recipe. Sticky, sweet, sour indulgence. Perfectly paired with rice noodles.
The recipe is fairly simple – you marinate the tofu with some spices and sauces for 5 minutes, then keep the marinade, bake the tofu, then glaze the tofu and bake for 1 more min. The tofu is baked – not fried, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be crispy 😉
The recipe can be made gluten-free only if you use tamari sauce instead of soy sauce!
It’s no secret that I love tofu! This tasty plant protein is incredibly versatile, budget-friendly, and plays well with practically any flavor. Today I’m sharing this recipe for Sweet Chili Tofu: it’s crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside, and packed with sweet & sour flavor!
Here are the main ingredients to make this gluten-free sweet chili glazed tofu:
- Extra-Firm Tofu: is packed with plant-based protein and makes the perfect “meaty” vehicle for our sweet chili sauce!
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Not only does this sauce give our tofu the perfect balance of sticky, saucy flavors, but the sugar in the sauce also helps to caramelize the exterior of the tofu and give it a golden, crispy edge (YUM)
- Tamari: adds saltiness to help balance out the sweet chili sauce
You have to make this chili tofu with noodles. It’s so yum and so easy to make!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Gluten-Free Chili-Glazed Tofu recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Noodle Recipes:
Easy Gluten-Free Chili-Glazed Tofu
- 1/2 Block of extra firm Tofu cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce or tamari for GF Option
- 2 Tsp Hot Sauce like sriracha for example
- 2 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- for the glaze:
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375F/200C.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the soy-sauce, hot sauce,rice vinegar,sesame oil, garlic and onion powder. Whisk to combine. Add the tofu in and combine. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Strain the sauce in there but keep it!
- Transfer the marinated tofu without the sauce onto a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Using the strained sauce, add 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce plus 2 tbsp of sesame seeds and mix. Once the tofu is baked, coat the cubes in the second chili glaze and return in the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles.
These nuggets will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the oven make them crispy again.