This Easy Healthy Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa is a healthy & gluten-free option for starting your day!
People tend to have this idea that quinoa should only be used in savoury dishes, for lunch of dinner…But breakfast? nah! it’s not common, and you wouldn’t normally see it served in many places as a breakfast.
The thing is, I love oats right, but oats don’t agree with my body very well. So If I am to avoid oats, what can I eat for breakfast that’s close to oatmeal? – quinoa! It’s pretty much the same in terms of nutrients, carbs, protein, fibber, you name it.
The good thing is, it’s easy on my stomach too. So, it’s a win win.
You get a nutritious breakfast that will fuel your day right. It’s naturally sweetened mostly, using a sweet apple, and it has a touch of cinnamon in it.
As the saying goes, “An apple a day [really does] keeps the doctor away.”
So get them apples in your diet!
How To Make Quinoa ‘Oatmeal’ With Apple:
The method couldn’t be easier, all the ingredients are added to a pan, with some water, simmered on low heat, and stirred occasionally. Boom goes the dynamite, all done! Super easy all done in one pot. It’s the perfect quick breakfast to whip up that will fuel your body for hours.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/2 cup/90g quinoa
- 400 ml of water
- 2 large apples any you prefer would do
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup optional
- Peel and core both apples. Chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Add quinoa, water, and apples to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
- The apples will be soft and the quinoa will have absorbed the water.
- Stir in the cinnamon and transfer the apple quinoa mix to two bowls.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with additional cinnamon (if desired). And enjoy this Healthy Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa!