This Easy Healthy Vegan Artichoke & Spinach Gluten-Free Pizza is life-changing. It tastes amazing, it’s super healthy and it’s simple to make. It’s also low calories and gluten-free! It’s one of the best gluten-free/healthy pizzas I have ever made so far. ( Maybe it’s cos I love sweet potato too much…but not really, this is a great pizza)
You can add any toppings you like, but keep the pizza base ingredients as suggested on the recipe below. You will end up having crispy sweet potato pizza with your favourite toppings. So yum.
I love sweet potatoes. And I love pizza. But we all know how bad the pizza dough can be, and how loaded it is with refined carbs. Sweet potatoes are a form of complex carbs, which are good for us. So why not make a sweet potato crust pizza?
How to Make This Sweet Potato Pizza:
I have to say – it’s not easy making a sweet potato crust, as naturally, sweet potatoes are watery, so they need to be pressed down and dried up. You are going to have to bake the crust and add your toppings on the spot. As moving the crust around can result in it breaking.
Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Vegan Artichoke & Spinach Gluten-Free Pizza if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Pizza Recipes:
Easy Healthy Vegan Artichoke & Spinach Gluten-Free Pizza
- 2 cups/400g peeld & grated sweet potato
- 1/2 cup/60g quinoa flour or any flour will work
- 1/4 cup/20g nutritional yeast optional, for a cheesy flavor
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
- 2 loaded tbsp of vegan cream cheese
- 2 handfuls of sweetcorn
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 5-6 artichoke hearts roughly diced marinated in a jar or in a can both work
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200C and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the sweet potato to a bowl, along with the flour, nutritional yeast, and seasonings, and stir until the sweet potato and flours are evenly combined.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and stir to form a sticky dough. Transfer the dough to the oiled baking sheet and spread the mixture out using your hands to form a thick pizza shape (about 1/8" thick).
- Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes, then flip ( to flip the base, line another baking tray with parchment paper, place it on top of the base, then flip the bottom tray that will transfer the base onto the new tray. Peel off the parchment paper from the old tray) and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with your desired toppings, or the ones I have recommended. then bake for another 5 - 10 minutes until the toppings are cooked. Allow the crust to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.