This Easy Healthy Vegan Artichoke & Spinach Gluten-Free Pizza is life-changing. It tastes amazing, it’s super healthy and it’s simple to make. It’s also low calories and gluten-free! It’s one of the best gluten-free/healthy pizzas I have ever made so far. ( Maybe it’s cos I love sweet potato too much…but not really, this is a great pizza)
Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also delicious, it’s healthy and it’s sturdy enough to hold all your favorite toppings. And it’s naturally gluten-free!
A Super Healthy Pizza Crust!
I’ve shared quite a few healthy pizza crusts, but this one is definitely up there.
One of the pizza recipes you might remember is the gluten-free BBQ pizza that I shared over recently. Well, the concept of this crust is similar but since we’re using sweet potato as the base, it ends up getting crispier and can be made easily all year round.
The crust is simple: we’re using grated/shredded sweet potato, mixing it with a little quinoa flour, adding in some nutritional yeast and garlic powder for flavor, and then binding it all together with some vegan eggs(flaxseed). Once you bake it up, it turns all nice and crispy and delicious!
Don’t worry if the outside of the crust becomes dark whilst you are cooking the base, you can always cut it off!
How to Make This Sweet Potato Pizza:
Once you’ve got your pizza “dough” together, it’s time to get a little dirty!
Since the dough is kind of wet and sticky, we’re going to be spreading it out with our hands. I like to just put it onto my baking sheet (lined with parchment of course!), and then lightly wet my hands. Slightly wet hands will prevent the dough from sticking to you and will help you spread it out more evenly.
Once you’ve got it spread out – you can make it into whatever shape you want – it’s time to bake it! ( this recipe makes one big pizza, but you can always divide it into 2 small ones.
I baked this one at 400ºF/200C for about 25 minutes before flipping it over. You definitely want to cook it on both sides so that it has the chance to get crispy on both sides. From there, let it bake a little longer to make sure it’s cooked through, and then move on to your toppings!
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Vegan Artichoke & Spinach Gluten-Free Pizza if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Artichoke & Spinach Gluten-Free Pizza
- 2 cups/400g peeld & grated sweet potato
- 1/2 cup/60g quinoa flour or any flour will work
- 1/4 cup/20g nutritional yeast optional, for a cheesy flavor
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
- 2 loaded tbsp of vegan cream cheese
- 2 handfuls of sweetcorn
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 5-6 artichoke hearts roughly diced marinated in a jar or in a can both work
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200C and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the sweet potato to a bowl, along with the flour, nutritional yeast, and seasonings, and stir until the sweet potato and flours are evenly combined.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and stir to form a sticky dough. Transfer the dough to the oiled baking sheet and spread the mixture out using your hands to form a thick pizza shape (about 1/8" thick).
- Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes, then flip ( to flip the base, line another baking tray with parchment paper, place it on top of the base, then flip the bottom tray that will transfer the base onto the new tray. Peel off the parchment paper from the old tray) and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with your desired toppings, or the ones I have recommended. then bake for another 5 - 10 minutes until the toppings are cooked. Allow the crust to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.