This Easy Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Pesto Pizza a type of thin unleavened pancake, a flatbread made with chickpea flour, is naturally gluten-free and grain-free and can easily be used as a pizza base. It needs just 2 main ingredients, chickpea flour, and water. The perfect thin protein pizza base made vegan.
If you are anything like me, then you love thin-crusted pizzas. This pizza is super thin and crispy, just perfect.
Some beautiful toppings are added on there as well for the ultimate vegan thin crust pizza.
I used my homemade pesto recipe for this pizza, but feel free to use shop-bought if you don’t have time to make your own. I also used olives, but I know a lot of people dislike them, so leave them out of you don’t like olives.
Let’s make some Healthy Pizza!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Pesto Pizza if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Pizza Recipes:
Easy Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Pesto Pizza
- Pizza Crust:
- 1 cup/ 120g chickpea flour garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried or fresh thyme
- 1 cup/235ml of cold water
- Pizza toppings:
- 4 tablespoons of my 5-minute vegan pesto or use Vegan shop-bought pesto
- 3 oz/80g sliced mushrooms
- Other veggies such as sliced bell pepper sun-dried tomato sliced jalapeno, zucchini or olives
- 4 tbsp grated Vegan Cheese optional
- Pizza Crust: Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Add 3/4 cup water and mix (use a whisk for faster mixing), Add more water to make a thick smooth batter, lump-free batter that is just a tad bit thinner than pancake batter. Cover and let it rest for at least half an hour to overnight. If keeping overnight, cover the bowl and refrigerate.
- For The Crust: on Stovetop: Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When hot add a few drops of oil and spread well. Add a ladle-full of the batter. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes then uses a spatula to loosen the flatbread. If it is still sticking, let the bread cook longer and then try again. Flip.
- Or bake the Pizza: Preheat the oven to 450 deg F(230 C). Place the cast-iron skillet in the oven for 20 mins. Remove the skillet carefully, drizzle oil and spread the batter on it. Bake for 10 minutes depending on the batter thickness.
- Spread the pesto on the crust. Add the veggies onto the pizza. Add shredded vegan cheese if you like.
- Bake the pizza at 450F(230 C) for another 6 to 8 mins. Remove from the oven. (I prefer to cook the socca on the skillet, then bake it with the toppings)
- To cook the Pizza on Stovetop: Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for another 3 to 5 mins.
- Add fresh herbs, microgreens greens or micro sprouts, pepper flakes, slice and serve.
- Store refrigerated for about 3 days. Reheat in the oven.